Frequently Asked Questions
- 01. Does Laura Mercier Cosmetics test on animals or are your products vegan?
- 02. Does Laura Mercier offer a discount program for Professional Makeup Artists?
- 03. Do your products contain animal ingredients?
- 04. Do you accept international orders?
- 05. How can I get Laura Mercier samples?
- 06. Where can I look up the ingredients for each product?
- 07. Where can I send my Tweezerman Tweezers to be sharpened?
- 08. Do your brushes have a lifetime guarantee?
- 09. Do you ship to military addresses or the US Protectorates?
- 10. What is your return policy?
- 11.Which products contain SPF?
- 12. Can I get a consultation or get one of your makeup artists to apply makeup for me at an event?
- 13. Do your products contain parabens?
- 14. Do you have products that contain talc?
- 15. How can I order from Laura Mercier?
- 16. Who can I contact at Laura Mercier for a donation request?
- 17. Do all of your products that contain an SPF protect against both UVA and UVB rays?
- 18. Are your products safe for pregnant women?
- 19. Do you charge sales tax in my state?
- 20. Are your products gluten free?
01. Does Laura Mercier Cosmetics test on animals or are your products vegan?
Laura Mercier is committed to the elimination of animal testing and avoiding animal products. We are equally committed to consumer health and safety, and bringing to market products that comply with applicable regulations in every country in which our products are sold. While our products are not vegan, we do not conduct animal testing on our products or ingredients, nor ask others to test on our behalf. We evaluate the safety of our finished products with alternate methods and in clinical settings on volunteer panels.
02. Does Laura Mercier offer a discount program for Professional Makeup Artists?
We do offer a 40% discount to professional makeup artists within the United States. If you would like to become a member of the Laura Mercier Professional Makeup Artist Program and you are a working professional makeup artist, please email us with at least two forms of the following credentials dated within the last two (2) years:
*Agency Representation: Provide link to agency website
*Film or Television Experience: Email crew list with name credited as a makeup artist on set.
*Tear sheets with name credit
*Copy of your Union Card
(Drivers Licenses, Passport IDs, Tax IDs, Cosmetology Licenses, Business Cards, Contracts, Letter of Recommendations, Pay Stubs, Education Certificates, Company Discount Cards, Personal Websites and Social Networking Sites are NOTacceptable forms of credentials)
Please send this information to the attention of Professional Makeup Artist Program at our email address: email@example.com.
The company, in its sole discretion, will determine if an artist may participate in the Professional Makeup Artist Program. Upon receipt of materials, expect a reply within 2-4 weeks. Unfortunately, as we only ship within the United States, we are not accepting international applicants to the program at this time unless they have a US mailing address.
03. Do your products contain animal ingredients?
We do use animal bi-products, such as lanolin and beeswax, in some of our products. We also do use natural animal hairs in some of our brushes and we use emu oil in some of our products. For a complete list of ingredients for a product, please click on the ingredients tab on the product's detail page.
Back to top
04. Do you accept international orders?
We currently do not ship orders outside the United States. However, you may make a purchase with an international credit card if the order is shipping to an address within the United States. Your international credit card's issuing bank must support address verification, and the street address and zip code for the billing address must match the current address on file for the card in order for your order to process.
05. How can I get Laura Mercier samples?
You have the option to select 2 deluxe samples with every order on lauramercier.com. We do not mail samples directly to customers. To test different colours on your skin, please contact your local Laura Mercier counter. See our Store Locations to find the counter nearest you.
06. Where can I look up the ingredients for each product?
Each product on our web site has an ingredient list on the product page. On the product detail page, click on the Ingredients tab for a complete list of ingredients. If you would like to get more intimate with an ingredient, we also recommend you consult CosmeticsInfo at: https://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/
You can also Chat Live with an Artist to ask further questions.
07. Where can I send my Tweezerman Tweezers to be sharpened?
Please include the tweezers along with your name, address, and daytime phone number in an insured padded mailer mailed to: Tweezerman Service 2 Tri Harbor Court South Dock #1 Port Washington, NY 11050 USA. For further details on contacting Tweezerman for sharpening or repair of your tweezers, check out their site, https://www.tweezerman.com/pages/index.cfm?pg=20&ca=4
08. Do your brushes have a lifetime guarantee?
There is no guarantee policy for our brushes. If your purchase was made on lauramercier.com, or by telephone at 888-637-2437, and you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 30 days from the date of purchase. If the item is defective upon receipt, please contact us at 888-637-2437 and we can send a replacement. If your brushes are properly cared for, they should last several years. After cleaning your brush, do not let it sit in water, as this can warp the wooden handles over time. Also take care to not allow water past the metal ferrule that holds the hairs, to ensure that it stays glued to the wooden handle. After washing your brushes, you may need to reshape the hairs and then lay flat to air dry.
09. Do you ship to military address or the US Protectorates?
Currently, all items may be shipped to a military (APO/FPO) address or a U.S. Protectorate (Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands) except for items that are considered hazardous material (hazmat). These items include: Parfum, Eau de Parfum, Eau de Toilette, Brush Cleanser and Nail Lacquer.
10. What is your return policy?
We are committed to providing quality products to our customers. If you receive products from lauramercier.com that do not meet your expectations, simply return the gently used products with the receipt within 30 days of purchase. Please notate on the front side of your receipt the reason for your return and send the product(s) back to us using prepaid and insured shipping methods. Empty containers will not be accepted for refund. Processing time for returns takes up to 10 business days from the date the return is received.
Items purchased on lauramercier.com cannot be returned or exchanged at retailers that sell Laura Mercier Cosmetics.
You can return your purchase made on lauramercier.com to the address below.
Laura Mercier Returns Dept
4638 E Shelby Dr
Memphis, TN 38118
For additional information, please contact us at 1-888-637-2437/MERCIER
PLEASE NOTE:Only items purchased on lauramercier.com will be accepted for a return. If your items were purchased at an authorized retailer, please contact the retailer to arrange for a return or exchange.
Back to top
11. Which products contain SPF?
The following foundations contain SPF 15 or greater:
Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 20
Tinted Moisturizer Illuminating SPF 20
Primer Protect SPF 30
Flawless Fusion Daily Face Shield SPF 40
Mega Moisture SPF 15
Repair Oil Free Lotion SPF 15
Repair Day Crème SPF 15
Moisture Crème SPF 15
12. Can I get a consultation or get one of your makeup artists to apply makeup for me at an event?
Please contact your local Laura Mercier counter, or the counter local to your event, to see about scheduling a time with one of our makeup artists. See our Store Locationsto find the counter nearest you.
13. Do your products contain parabens?
Some Laura Mercier products do contain Parabens. Parabens are preservatives and have been commonly used in consumer products for many years. Paraben use in cosmetics is fully permitted by regulatory authorities in Japan, Asia, the US and Europe. Preservatives, including Parabens, are necessary in cosmetics to prevent product deterioration. They play an essential role in ensuring the quality of cosmetic products and the safety of the consumers who use them.
14. Do you have products that contain talc?
Yes, some Laura Mercier products contain Talc. Talc is commonly used as an ingredient in not only cosmetics, but also pharmaceuticals and food products. For many years it has been used safely around the world.
15. How can I order from Laura Mercier?
You can order from Laura Mercier by shopping online at www.lauramercier.com, or by telephone at 888-637-2437 (888-MERCIER).
16. Who can I contact at Laura Mercier for a donation request?
Please send materials regarding your donation request at least 90 days prior to the event to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. Do all of your products that contain an SPF protect against both UVA and UVB rays?
Yes. The “UVA/UVB” protection claim is supported by testing. These products have passed the prescribed FDA critical wavelength testing, as well as other testing recognized by International regulatory bodies to support the “Broad Spectrum” part of the sunscreen claim for these SPF products. It may be well to note that tests to establish SPF determination claims as well as tests to establish “Broad Spectrum” (or “UVB/UVA”) claims are performed on the finished cosmetic product. These tests are not performed on individual ingredients of the product.
19. Are your products safe for pregnant women?
If you have a concern about whether a product you are currently using is safe for you during pregnancy, you can print out the list of ingredients for that product from our website and take them to your doctor to review. Your doctor knows best what vitamins, minerals, chemical ingredients and preservatives would be best for you to avoid using during your pregnancy.
19. Do you charge sales tax in my state?
We are required to by law to collect sales tax in all states where we have a presence, which includes stored goods and employees.
20. Are your products gluten free?
We do not claim that any of our products are gluten free, as they are processed in manufacturing plants where products containing gluten ingredients are also made.
Repair Eye Crème
Repair Day Crème
Repair Oil Free Day Lotion
Repair Eye Serum
Tone Perfecting Creme
Tone Perfecting Eye Creme